The Time Is Now!
"THE TIME IS NOW!"
Rev. Lon Lorton
May 31, 2020
Viewing Pentecost in a proper context recognizes Jesus' resurrection.
Many never "see Jesus" because they've tried to define Him and confine Him.
- His followers simply obeyed His instruction.
- As we do the deeds of the Kingdom, we receive the gifts of the Kingdom.
Neither the Resurrection nor Pentecost are "back then" events.
- That makes all the difference in the world today.
Jesus' resurrection sets the stage for ours.
- Dead believers can be resurrected.
- Dead congregations can be made alive again.
- Dead faith can become new again.
We can be the Church Christ envisioned.
- A Spirit-filled fellowship that invites and challenges others to join in, for Christ's sake.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8