Changes That Unite Us
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"CHANGES THAT UNITE US"
Rev. Lon Lorton
January 26, 2020
Peter had a lot of explaining to do.
- He had eaten and associated with the dreaded Gentiles.
- Spread the Good News of the Gospel to Gentiles.
- There was no longer any distinction or discrimination between Jews and Gentiles.
The Gospel is fully God's way of making peace:
- Between sinners and God.
- Between sinners and other sinners.
- God demolishes barriers.
Our question for today has to do with what is essential:
- To God, not to us.
- There are differences needing debate
- There are debates, though, over things on which God is clear.
Holiness has nothing to do with getting the rules right.
- It has everything to do with a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Who are the self-defined "Gentiles" in our lives?