Time to Be Told
"TIME TO BE TOLD"
Rev. Lon Lorton
November 10, 2019
God knew His people needed final prepping before Jesus' arrival.
- He sent John
John came to preach repentance.
- Good roots: "Do not begin to say, 'We have Abraham as our father.'"
- Good fruits: "Bear fruit worthy of repentance.'"
Ever heard someone joking about their lack of visible fruit?
- Excuse: "God understands."
- Yes, God understands. He understands exactly, so be careful.
What then shall we do?
- Short answer: Love God and love your neighbor.
- Longer answer: Judgement will happen, sooner or later. We can act like it won't, but the Bible says it will. Want to trust yourself or the Bible?
John pointed to Jesus.
- "I baptize you with water. But One more powerful than me will come, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie."
- John knew his place in relation to Jesus.