Operation Christmas Child
- Written by admin admin
- Monday, Nov 12th thru Friday, Nov 16th from 5:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 17th from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday, Nov 18th from 1:00 - 6:00 PM
- Monday, Nov 19th from 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Shoeboxes: Choose Boy or Girl and age groups 2-4; 5-9 or 10-14. Label boxes accordingly. Include items that children will immediately embrace such as:
- Toys: cars, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc. NO TOOTHPASTE PLEASE.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- Please do not include these items: candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Postage money: $9.00 per box for shipping.
For more information check out: www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child
Shoebox Dedication: Sunday, November 18th, during the worship service.
Volunteers will be needed Monday the 12th thru Sunday the 18th to receive and box the boxes, and on Monday the 19th to load the truck. If you can help, it will be greatly appreciated.