24 Hours That Changed the World - Jesus or Barabbas?
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"24 HOURS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD"
Jesus or Barabbas?
Rev. Lon Lorton
March 26, 2017
Jesus was determined to suffer and die.
- Isaiah 53: 4-7
The cost of grace
- Like Barabbas, we have been spared at the cost of God’s grace.
- We need to come to the realization, "Yes, my sin and God’s love required Christ’s death.”
- Like Barabbas, we walk away free because of the suffering death of Christ.
The crowd had been hoping for a messiah.
- Some in the crowd were believers.
- Some in the crowd were zealots.
- Some in the crowd were merchants.
- Some in the crowd were religious folks.
Pilate was hoping to please the crowd.
- Pilate had complete authority to do with Jesus as he pleased.