Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"WHAT THE CHURCH COULD BE"
Rev. Lon Lorton
February 5, 2017
Hebrews 13 gives an explanation of “who we are,” according to the DNA we share with Christ.
- We, the Church, love people. Hebrews 13:1-3
- We, the Church, honor marriage. Hebrews 13:4
- We, the Church, will be about simplicity. Hebrews 13:5
- We, the Church, stand in confidence. Hebrews 13:6
- We, the Church, both teach and cling to grace. Hebrews 13:9 and 13
- We, the Church, are grateful. Hebrews 13:15 Grateful praise happens through Jesus, by His power and His initiative, as we surrender to Him.
- We, the Church, share our stuff. Hebrews 13:16 Where there is biblical unity, there is sharing.
- We, the Church, follow our leaders. Hebrews 13:17 Christian leaders love the people they serve.
“We can tell the world that there is life after death, but the world seems to be wondering if there is life before death.” [Shane Claiborne, The Irresistible Revolution]