What the Church Could Be, Part Two
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"WHAT THE CHURCH COULD BE"
Rev. Lon Lorton
January 29, 2017
Hebrews 13 is an excellent constitution for Christ’s body: “We, the people of the church, are about these things…”
- We, the church, will love people. (Hebrews 13:1-3)
- We, the church, will honor marriage. (Hebrews 13:4)
- We, the church, will be about simplicity. (Hebrews 13:5) Be content…because of God.
- We, the church, will stand in confidence. (Hebrews 13:6) We either believe what God says, or we don’t.
- We, the church, will both teach and cling to grace. (Hebrews 13:9 and 13) Lining ourselves up with Jesus, in His grace, means we are willing to make ourselves at home “outside the camp” with Jesus.