What Is Your Cause?
- Written by admin admin
"WHAT IS YOUR CAUSE?"
Elder Mike Ladd
November 6, 2016
Isaiah 61:1-2; Luke 10:1-9
Cause- something (such as an organization, belief, idea, or goal) that a person or group of people support or fight for.
Peace or shalom - completeness, soundness, welfare, peace. Nothing broken, nothing missing. A state of wholeness in all aspects of one’s life - spiritual, physical, emotional, financial, family, employment…
Man-of-peace, or person-of-peace. Someone Jesus sent his disciples to find. These people had a reputation of being “good news” to those around them. They found ways to promote wholeness (peace) in other peoples’ lives. Basically, they were very good at loving people.
A Few Examples of persons of peace in New Testament:
- The Philippian Jailer (Acts 16:16-40)
- Lydia (Acts 16:11-15)
- Centurion (Matt 8:5)
What are the qualities of these persons of peace?
- They are open and welcoming.
- They are hungry for spiritual things.
- They open their family/group/community to spiritual things.
- They are interested when you make spiritual statements.
- They ask questions of you (not just tell you their opinion – but want to know yours).
- They respond to your invitation to open their oikos (family/friends/coworkers) to directly learn from God’s word.
- Sometimes they do this by inviting you into the family; sometimes you can share with them and then they share with their family.
- They are ready to help you and other people, not just looking to be helped themselves.
- They have a strong reputation (good or bad, but strong!).
Strategy: A Person-of-peace will promote the gospel with more fervor than most other people. If you encounter a person-of-peace, make every effort to “make Jesus known” and watch the fruitful results.