Do Something, God!
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"DO SOMETHING, GOD!"
Rev. Lon Lorton
October 2, 2016
“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Why doesn't God just do something?!
1. God is not the creator of evil and suffering.
- Genesis 1:31
- Romans 3:23
2. Although suffering is not good, God can use it to accomplish good.
- Romans 8:28
- Genesis 50:20
3. The day is coming when suffering will end and God will judge evil.
- 2 Peter 3:9
4. Our suffering now will not compare to the good that God has in store for His followers.
- 2 Corinthians 4:17
- Romans 8:18
5. We decide! We get to choose whether we turn bitter or we turn to God, the One who offers us courage for the moment and peace for our lives. 1 John 5:13
“You might as well ask why does God not kill you and me when we do wicked things that offend.” Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe, 1719
“What’s wrong with the world? I am.” G.K. Chesterton, 1919