Fit to be Tithed
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"FIT TO BE TITHED"
Rev. Lon Lorton
September 4, 2016
1 Corinthians 16:1-4
Stewardship is a positive thing in the life of Christians
“Religious people" tire of hearing about this subject. God's children love to be reminded of the gifts God gives us!
The tithe (10%):
- A simple way to show others (and remind ourselves) that God is our first priority in life.
- Mentioned frequently in the Old Testament and never rejected in the New Testament
Giving is to be disciplined and systematic.
- “On the first day of the week set aside a sum”
How much is to be given?
- “In keeping with your income”
Stewardship is no more taboo to talk about than any other subject!
"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test," says the Lord of Hosts, "if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need." Malachi 6:10
"The point is this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:6-7