Making a Difference
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"MAKING A DIFFERENCE"
Rev. Lon Lorton
March 6, 2016
1 Samuel 17
“Well, you can’t just sit there.” [Larry Walters, 1982]
TRUTH #1: NO ENEMY IS TOO STRONG (1 Samuel 17:4)
- We have giant-sized Goliaths in our lives.
- Our faith makes a difference.
TRUTH #2: NO WEAPON IS TOO WEAK (1 Samuel 17:26)
- It is totally about God and the weapons He brings to our fights.
TRUTH #3: NO BATTLE IS TOO BIG (1 Samuel 17:47)
- It is about giving all glory to God.
- Are we willing to take a bold stand?
- Romans 8:38-39
THERE IS A DIFFEERENCE…
What’s the difference between a kayak and a speedboat? A kayak requires human effort. It will only take me at a speed I can achieve and will only go as far as I am able. The acceleration and distance of a speedboat is determined by a power source greater than myself, and I am not over-exerted or tired in the process.