This Is Not a Good Time to be Nodding Off
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO BE NODDING OFF"
Rev. Lon Lorton
June 2, 2019
Genesis 4:16; Revelation 2:4-5
"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me; it's the parts that I do understand." Mark Twain
"So Cain went out from the Lord's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden." Genesis 4:16
There's a big difference between being "kicked out" and "walking away".
- Haven't we all, at some time, walked away from the presence of the Lord?
- "We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away." Hebrews 2:1
- Less time with God today than yesterday? Even less tomorrow?
- Drifting away requires an intentional effort to get back.
- It is difficult to go against the flow that carried you away in the first place.
Where do I stand in my walk of faith?
- Compared with a year ago?
- Compared with 10 years ago?
In the words of the Beatles, "Get back to where you once belonged."