A Grasp on Who We Are
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"A GRASP ON WHO WE ARE"
Rev. Lon Lorton
June 3, 2018
1 Peter 2:9-12
In 1st Peter 2, Peter teaches us about the identity of the people of God in relation to the world in which we live.
You are a chosen race.
- This is not because we are special, but because we are chosen.
You are a royal priesthood.
- We stand in the gap for one another.
You are a holy nation.
- We are to make contact without being contaminated.
You are a people for God's own purpose.
- Whatever the world throws at us, we know where our strength lies.
"Christians, don't you know who you are? Stop letting the world tell you who you are! You are a child of God, a saint, sanctified, secure, holy, with royal blood flowing through your veins. That is who you are! A lot of us are not acting like we should act because we don't remember who we are!" (Dr. Tony Evans)