Time to Grow Up
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"TIME TO GROW UP"
Rev. Lon Lorton
May 6, 2018
1 Peter 1:22 - 2:8
We need to grow up.
- Little children have unstable emotions.
- Little children are insecure.
- Little children are possessive.
- Little children are gullible.
What does it mean to grow up?
- We show sincere brotherly love.
- We love one another earnestly from pure hearts.
- We put away all malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander.
How do we grow up?
We grow up by growing in the Word.
- By showing obedience to God's Word.
- By receiving nourishment from God's Word.
- By building our lives on Jesus (who is God's Word).
We grow up by knowing the Word of God is all about the Gospel.
We grow up by realizing the Word of God is alive.
1 Peter 2:2 tells us to "long for the pure milk of the Word." Pure means undiluted. If we aim for that in this world, we will show how alien we are as Christians. Some would say we need to change the Bible, instead of understanding it is God's intent for the Bible to change us.