Time to Be Holy
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"TIME TO BE HOLY"
Rev. Lon Lorton
April 22, 2018
1 Peter 1:13-21
Living in a foreign place gives us options.
- We can try to be immigrants.
- We can behave like tourists.
- We can consider ourselves to be in exile (Jeremiah 29:4-5,7).
- We might even consider ourselves to be ambassadors.
Peter urges us to be prepared and sober minded.
- Culture shock is a reality.
- Peter doesn’t stop there. “Be holy, like God is holy!”
- Separate from the norm, unique.
Getting the power to be holy (1 Peter 1:17-20).
- Only through Jesus.
- Only if there’s a desire to hear and please God.