- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
Rev. Lon Lorton
Holy Hilarity Sunday
April 8, 2018
Luke 15:1-2; 25-32
Why is the older brother a grumpy guy?
- Maybe he's questioning his brother's attitude.
- Has he really changed?
- Maybe he isn't feeling valued by his father.
- Maybe he believes his brother has gotten all he's entitled to.
The grumpy guy felt about his brother the same way religious people felt about Jesus.
- "He just never seems to behave, at least not like we expect."
Some of God's children simply need to lighten up a little.
Believers should be preparing themselves for a party - a party that none of us deserve.