The Centrality of the Cross
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"THE CENTRALITY OF THE CROSS"
Rev. Lon Lorton
January 21, 2018
The cross is central to the Christian.
- Remember Christ and the cross. Galatians 6:14
- Make the cross central in your own life. Galatians 2:20
The cross provides power.
- Look to the power of Christ.
The cross provides a relationship, not a religion.
- Do not let religion replace the cross.
- Focus on your relationship with Christ. Galatians 5:1-2 and 4
- Serve God out of love instead of duty.
The cross provides a new view of your world.
- Let yourself be spiritually crucified with Christ. Galatians 6:14
- Line up your life with the life of Jesus.
The cross provides our identity.
- Carry your cross daily. 1 Corinthians 15:31
- Bear the abuse Jesus bore.
- Recognize that you are a new creation. Galatians 6:15; 2 Corinthians 5:17
The cross provides peace and mercy.
- Walk according to the "Rule of the Cross."
- Guard against trusting in religion.
- Let the Holy Spirit empower us.