- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
Rev. Lon Lorton
November 19, 2017
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
What would you say you are thankful for?
Jesus typically does not respond with special effects.
Consider what Jesus may be saying to you with His instruction, “Go, show yourself.”
Have you ever caught yourself forgetting to thank God for a particular blessing?
Is there possibly one thing (good or bad) in your life that you have left “un-thanked?”
The art of thanksgiving is thanks-living. It is gratitude in action;
- thanking God for the gift of life by living it triumphantly.
- thanking God for all that others have done for you, by doing for others.
- thanking God for your happiness, by striving to make others happy.
- thanking God for inspiration, by trying to be an inspiration to others.