Christlike in a Crisis
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"CHRISTLIKE IN A CRISIS"
Rev. Lon Lorton
September 10, 2017
“Not again! Where is God?!”
- Have you ever wanted to fire God?
Three options when faced with your fiery furnace circumstances (from Tim Keller):
- Try to get around it.
- Try to run through it as fast as you can.
- Just lie down in the middle of it, and give in.
A fourth option is offered by God:
- “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned.” Isaiah 43:2
We keep walking – one step at a time.
Tragedy reminds us that the future is known only to God.
- Is our trust then, in the only One who knows, or do we try to maneuver our own way, or do we give up?
If it truly is a “we thing” (a Christian community living together),
- There are ways God has designed for us to get through trials stronger together.
- Tragedy has the potential to bring our hearts together in Christ’s love.