Living With a Legacy - Living Out Our Priorities
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"LIVING WITH A LEGACY"
LIVING OUT OUR PRIORITIES
Rev. Lon Lorton
August 27, 2017
The first-generation church had a story not so different from our own stories. However, the passion of the early church is a legacy left for us who follow.
- They were turning their world upside down. Acts 17:6
Living Out the Priorities Christ Has Given Us
- Keeping our eyes on the legacy left for us, considering the legacy we are leaving for others.
“I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:6-8
Watchmen On the Wall
“I am innocent of the blood of all men.” Acts 20:26
- Paul was informing the Ephesian elders that he had done what was required of him. He preached faithfully to everyone.
- We too have been given the gospel, not only to appreciate personally, but to share with everyone.
God Wants To Do a Lot of Things In and For This World
- Through the church
- Through each of us
“The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.” 2 Chronicles 16:9