Living With a Legacy - Taking Inventory
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"LIVING WITH A LEGACY"
Rev. Lon Lorton
July 30, 2017
Acts 1:4-5; 8
"...these who have turned the world upside down!" Acts 17:6
Turning the World Right-Side Up
- The first generation church had an undying passion for God.
- We need to rekindle the passion of our first love for the Lord, and believe the Holy Spirit's fire is in us to do the rekindling.
God's Cure for a Lost World
- It isn't up to the heathen to quit acting like heathen.
- It is always on the people of God to carry out His ministry. 2 Chronicles 7:14
So, What Do We Do
- Revive the passion in our own hearts. Revival is anchored in worship, Bible study, prayer, and faithful service.
- Open our lives to others so God's love can reach into and touch others.
- Be prepared to maintain the passion even when ...
Revival Begins Within
- It is God's desire to hear us say, "I am not going to compromise!"
- Questions for reflection:
- Am I living in a way that is God-controlled in every direction?
- Do I spend time with Jesus?
- Am I trying to do what I am fully able (in Christ) to do?
- Am I doing things to encourage the body of Christ?
- Am I intentional in sharing the gospel with others?
"Will You not revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You?" Psalm 85:6