Seeing in Us What Jesus Sees - The Church in Sardis
- Written by Lon Lorton Lon Lorton
"SEEING IN US WHAT JESUS SEES"
THE CHURCH IN SARDIS
Rev. Lon Lorton
June 25, 2017
1. Jesus Gives a Damning Indictment
- "You have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead." (Revelation 3:1)
2. Jesus Gives a Godly Ultimatum
- "Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of God." (Revelation 3:2)
- "Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know what time I will come to you." (Revelation 3:3)
3. Jesus Gives a Threefold Promise
- "They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white." (Revelation 3:4-5)
- "I will never blot out his name from the book of life." (Revelation 3:5)
- "I will acknowledge his name before my Father and His angels." (Revelation 3:5)
4. Jesus Gives a Personal Challenge
- Wake up!
- Shape up!
- Remember what I have done for you!
This is my church. It is composed of people just like me. It will be friendly if I am friendly. It will do great work if I work. It will be generous if I am generous. It will bring others into fellowship if I bring them. It will be a church of loyalty, love, faith, and service if I, who make it what it is, am filled with these. Therefore, with God's help, I dedicate myself to the task of being all these things that I want my church to be.